optimal adj : most desirable possible under a restriction expressed or implied; "an optimum return on capital"; "optimal concentration of a drug" [syn: optimum]
Optimization or optimality is a term that may refer to:
- Optimization (mathematics), trying to find maxima and minima of a function
Optimization (computer science), improving a system to reduce
runtime, bandwidth, memory requirements, or other property of a
system; in particular
- Compiler optimization, improving the performance or efficiency of compiled code
- Search engine optimization, in internet marketing, methodologies aimed at improving the ranking of a website in search engine listings
- Process optimization, in business and engineering, methodologies for improving the efficiency of a production process
- Optimality theory in linguistics.
- Optimal classification, a process which arranges classification element attributes in an order which minimizes the number of queries necessary to identify any particular element.
For discussion of optimality in economics, see utility or efficiency (economics). See also Pareto efficiency (a synonym for "Pareto optimality").
Optimum Releasing is a film and DVD distribution company based in the UK.
Optimum TV is the brand name of a suite of digital media services offered by Cablevision Systems Corporation.
optimal in Arabic: استمثال
optimal in Bulgarian: Оптимизация
optimal in Danish: Optimering
optimal in German: Optimierung
optimal in Spanish: Optimización
optimal in Persian: بهینهسازی
optimal in French: Optimisation
optimal in Croatian: Optimizacija (razdvojba)
optimal in Hebrew: אופטימיזציה
optimal in Lithuanian: Optimizavimas
optimal in Japanese: 最適化
optimal in Korean: 최적화
optimal in Polish: Optymalizacja
optimal in Russian: Оптимизация
optimal in Slovenian: Optimizacija